Tuesday 17 July 2018

Six Flags Great Adventure- July 8th, 2018

From July 5th to July 9th, my Mom and I had visited four amusement parks in the US Northeast, those being Great Escape (Six Flags), Six Flags New England, Six Flags Great Adventure (Day 3 & Day 4), and Knoebels.


Day Four- July 8th, 2018:


We found ourselves again at Six Flags Great Adventure for another whole day of fun! This time around I rode more a few more roller coasters at the park including the Dark Knight, Batman the Ride, and the Joker as well as a few rides I did not ride the day before. I also got in many re-rides in during our second visit. Now, let's get on with the photos!


Since season pass holders get in slightly earlier than ticket holders, I took the time to quickly ride the Sky Screamer, a 250 foot Star Flyer manufactured by Funtime. Once the gates opened, I met up with my Mom and we ventured over to the Movie Town section of the park. She sat nearby as I rode the Dark Knight indoor Mack wild mouse coaster and Batman The Ride, a B&M inverted roller coaster.

After riding those, I took another ride on Nitro, and then rode Congo Rapids next door. After that, I took another ride on Skull Mountain before taking a spin on the Jolly Roger, pictured here. It was a fun flat ride manufactured by Zamperla.
After taking in more rides, and the sights and sounds, we decided to stop by the Tortoise exhibit along the path to Kingda Ka. The pair of tortoises have been at Six Flags Great Adventure since 1974 and age from 60-75+ years in age! Here is one taking a swim in the water. 
Here is a look at the Parachute Training Center: Edwards AFB Jump Tower through the trees.
Over in the Movie Town section of the park by a gift shop are some plaques which were put in place when Batman The Ride was new at the park in 1993. Here is one of the defunct Great American Scream Machine which was a giant Arrow Dynamics looping coaster that operated at the park from 1989 until 2010. it was replaced by Green Lantern which opened in 2011. The Green Lantern had formerly operated at Kentucky Kingdom as "Chang" from 1997-2009.
Another defunct ride/section featured in the star attractions of fame is Adventure Rivers, which was a section of the park added in 1990 featuring many dingy slide complexes. The area was a precursor to the water park, Hurricane harbor that was added in 2000. The Adventure Rivers section was dismantled in 1998. For more information about the Adventure Rivers section, please visit http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Adventure%20Rivers.htm.
In Movie Town there is a replica of the Batmobile prominently placed in front of Batman The Ride.
Here is the entrance to The Dark Knight, an indoor wild mouse coaster manufactured by Mack Rides themed to Batman. This roller coaster debuted in 2008.
As we walked throughout the park, the new for 2018 ride, Cyborg Cyber Spin was indeed open! As a huge flat ride fanatic I am, I quickly got in line to ride.
The Cyborg Cyber Spin, is one of only a few Tourbillon rides manufactured by ABC Rides of Switzerland. The ride itself operates like one giant gyroscope.
Cyborg Cyber Spin is a great ride that offers a whole ton of flipping and spinning! 
After taking a spin on the Battle for Metropolis dark ride (which in my opinion was awesome), I took flight on the Skyway, a Six Flags Great Adventure original attraction.
The Skyway, manufactured by Von Roll gives visitors who ride a wonderful relaxing ride high above the ground as it travels from Dream Street to Frontier Adventures. Here is a sideways view of the Big Wheel.
As I got higher on the Skyway, the views only got better! Here is a almost straight on view of the Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom.
Here is a close view of the fun 4-D coaster, the Joker. it was added to Six Flags Great Adventure in 2016.
To your left on the Skyway from the far side, you can get a nice view of Superman Ultimate Flight, Green Lantern, and the Parachute tower.
As you get closer to the other station, your view begins to become more wiry.
Here is the El Toro as seen from the Skyway. I believe it was temporarily down at the time of this photo.
To your right is a nice view of the Saw Mill Log Flume.
Here is another view of the Green Lantern from the Skyway.
Without knowing that my Mom had walked to the other end of the park just in time to meet me, I had captured this photo of the Saw Mill Log Flume. After coming home, I realized she was in this photo looking up at the gondola I was in!
Once I got off the Skyway, I decided to take another ride on the Saw Mill Log Flume. Here I am waving to my Mom. ;-)
And here I am coming back after a relaxing and somewhat wet ride! 
Saw Mill Log Flume doesn't get you soaked, but it does have quite the splashdown effect, making way for some great photos.
After a while we headed back over to El Toro. After I got off from another great ride, I managed to capture this unique shot.
Here is the Twister, A Huss Top Spin ride which has been operating in the park since 1999. It provided a decent amount of flipping.
Unfortunately Superman Ultimate Flight was the other roller coaster that had evaded me. This was the closest I had gotten to this flying coaster!
I went 250 feet up on the Parachute Training Center: Edwards AFB Jump Tower. This observation parachute tower ride has been operating at the park since 1983.
Here is a plaque providing the history of the Parachute Training Center: Edwards AFB Jump Tower.
A while later, my Mom and I took a spin on the 1881 Carousel at Six Flags Great Adventure. She rode a rooster while I rode a horse.
Here is a look at the animals on this antique carousel.
Here is the plaque explaining the history of the Carousel, which has called Six Flags Great Adventure home since 1974.
The Swashbuckler is a classic Hrubetz Super Round-Up that has operated at the park since 1974.
As geeky as I am, I never pass up an opportunity to sit in a wooden roller coaster train with buzz bars, even if it is only for a Wyndham Rewards promotion. ;-)
Here is a view of the Deja Vu, a classic Scrambler ride added to the park in 2012. It features the park's earlier logos on the car prior to when it was a Six Flags park and when it became a Six Flags park. As the ride operates, it plays some music tracks from the 1970s.
Here is another star that I found in Movie Town on the other side of the same gift shop. This one is of Stuntman's Freefall which was an Intamin First Generation Freefall ride that operated from 1983 until 2006. While the ride is long gone, its memory still lives on in this plaque. 
Here is one for Batman The Ride which opened in 1993 and continues to operate to this day.
I decided to take another ride on the Skyway as my Mom walked across the park yet again to meet me at the other end. Here is Parachute Training Center: Edwards AFB Jump Tower in action.
Here is a bird eye's view of the Main Street fountains from the Skyway.
Here is another view of El Toro with a train descending the first drop.
Here is another view of the Runaway Mine Train as seen from the path behind El Toro. This classic mine train coaster is very photogenic.
Here is the Carousel with its lights on as the darkness of the evening began to arrive.
After a second great day at Six Flags Great Adventure, we decided it was time to head out for the evening. Up next are photos of our visit to Knoebels! Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment