Wednesday 10 August 2022

Canada's Wonderland - August 9th, 2022

For my sixth visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland, I had gone by myself. With it almost being the middle of August, the park was quite busy, even for a Tuesday! Luckily the weather was significantly cooler and a bit damp in the morning, making the experience tolerable, compared to the recent heat and humidity.

Despite it being very busy, I still managed to get on quite a few rides and had a great time! :-)


It was a bit misty when I had arrived at the park around 9:30am.

The Royal Fountain on International Street were shooting high into the air as I walked through the front gate.

Before the rides opened, I had briefly chatted with Grace Peacock, the Director of Communications at Canada's Wonderland as I hadn't seen her in a while. She has been very busy lately working on the upcoming announcements for the 2023 season! Grace does a wonderful job all around communicating things at the park and is always a pleasure to talk to! :-)

After a few rides, I joined the line for Leviathan. While in line, I had captured this tricky shot of Dragon Fyre with one of the trains going through a loop!

Sledge Hammer was operating quite well once again during this visit.

I decided to take a ride on Flight Deck during this visit. Since the park was busy, the line for it was the longest I had seen it in a very long time. Surprisingly it gave a decent ride, which is a rarity!

The flowers around the park were looking quite nice after the rain showers we've had recently after a long dry spell.

I had not rode Soaring Timbers yet this year, so I did so today. The downside to this ride since its installation at the park in 2017 is its long loading times. I wish there was a way they could make the loading process more efficient.

In the afternoon I caught the Fall Out dive show at Arthur's Baye in Medieval Faire.

It is a bit different than the dive shows featured over the past few years. This year's show features a "competition" between two teams of divers.

The show featured a lot of acrobatics and diving.

The show ended with a final dive into Arthur's Baye from the highest point!

The Lazy Bear Lodge dining facility is looking closer to being completed.

It'll be nice to have all that walkway back again as there has been a narrow pathway by International Showplace this season due to the construction of Lazy Bear Lodge.

It is really looking great! I can't wait to see it completed!

After another great day, I headed out shortly before 5pm! Thanks for looking at my photos of my recent visit to Canada's Wonderland! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment