Sunday 29 October 2023

Canada's Wonderland - October 28th, 2023

 That's a wrap! On Saturday, October 28th, I made my final visit to Canada's Wonderland for the 2023 season, making it my 10th visit of the year!

The day started out quite chilly due to strong winds, but warmed up nicely as the sun shined throughout the day, which was really nice considering how other final regular operating weekends have been in the past. The sunshine also made the remaining Fall foliage standout, allowing for many great photo opportunities! The park was a little busier than I had anticipated, but I still managed to get on many final rides for the year!

Be sure to check out my photos of my final visit to Canada's Wonderland for the 2023 season!


The last of the fall foliage was quite beautiful as I arrived at the park before opening time on this late-October day.

The weeping willows that line International Street have even yellowed since my last visit to the park two weeks ago.

The morning sun was making the corn stocks used on various displays throughout the park really stand out.

Behemoth wasn't the only thing that was orange at the park today.

The tree in front of Vortex was really vibrant as the sunlight hit it!

After getting on Behemoth, Yukon Striker, Sledge Hammer, Psyclone, Time Warp, and Flight Deck all within the first hour, I then went to Shockwave. It was operating well, but not quite as insane as it was throughout the season.

So many photo opportunities today as the sun was shining brightly!

I just love this time of year! The remaining foliage was really standing out on today's visit.

Wooden roller coasters and Fall foliage go hand in hand. Don't you agree?

Today Tundra Twister was giving some interesting hangtime when it swung over the top today. It made the ride experience feel a bit more intense than usual.

Twisting around over 150 feet above the ground has been quite fun this year! Tundra Twister was a fun addition to the park for this year and one that was highly re-ridable! Maybe next year we'll see more head dives on Tundra Twister like we had seen earlier this season.

In the early afternoon, I went through the daytime versions of Spirit Manor and Cornstalkers like I had a few weeks ago. Unlike a few weeks ago, the leaves from the trees around White Water Canyon and area had fallen off, blanketing the ground with beautiful tones of yellows and oranges.

Yukon Striker can also now be seen during the daytime version of Cornstalkers. Speaking of Yukon Striker, it felt very forceful during this visit!

Since it is the final weekend for regular operations at Canada's Wonderland, it also means that events such as Camp Spooky and Halloween Haunt will be wrapping up on Sunday. The nice weather saw a lot of children dressed up descend on Planet Snoopy and Kidzville for the Camp Spooky event.

It was a nice day to be riding thrill rides and roller coasters, including Wilde Beast which is pictured here.

The Fall foliage and sunshine make for some awesome photos!

I just love visiting amusement parks this time of year!

Two visits ago I had the Toxic (green) Ice Cream from the Cookie Cafe. Well today I had tried the other Halloween Haunt inspired ice cream flavour Caramel Apple. Thankfully it wasn't too sweet and was really good!

Here is Swing of the Century doing its thing surrounded by some beautiful Fall foliage.

Fall foliage, blue skies, and wispy clouds also make for quite the photo!

Some of the trees still had some vibrant red leaves on them.

Including this tree located in front of Backlot Cafe.

I know I keep going on about the Fall foliage, but I just love it!

While I was in line for my second ride on Tundra Twister for the day, I captured this photo of one of Yukon Striker's trains passing through the zero-g winder inversion.

My final ride of the day and season was a second round on Sledge Hammer! What a way to end off a great season at Canada's Wonderland and to commemorate Sledge Hammer's 20th anniversary!

The leaves on the trees near Flight Deck were also standing out today.

Here I am taking one final photo of myself before heading out for the day until next year!

Overall, the 2023 season at Canada's Wonderland was a great one! This year I enjoyed riding the all-new Tundra Twister, finally gaining the courage to ride Xtreme Skyflyer, and once again hanging out with some friends who share an enjoyment and passion for amusement parks!

One thing I would like to see improved for next year is the level of customer service provided at Canada's Wonderland as it wasn't as great as it has been in previous years.


I'll see you next year, Canada's Wonderland! Thanks once again for a great and thrilling 2023 season! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment