Tuesday 16 July 2024

Seabreeze - July 8th, 2024

 On July 8th, we visited our second park of our road trip, Seabreeze of Rochester, New York. It was almost seven years ago since I last visited this charming park located on the southern shores of Lake Ontario! To my surprise, the 1920 Jack Rabbit was still running as great as I remembered, providing smooth airtime filled fun for a classic wooden roller coaster!

While at the park, my Mom and I rode the Carousel and train together. She really enjoyed the views of Lake Ontario too! Be sure to enjoy the photos of our afternoon at Seabreeze! 🙂


After the drive from the hotel that we stayed at the night before in Erie, PA, we arrived at Seabreeze around 11:30am. It was nice to be back at this park as I wanted to show my Mom how charming it is given its location next to Lake Ontario.

Once inside, we came across the new-for-2024 Zamperla WindStarZ ride. It unfortunately wasn't quite ready yet as they were still doing test cycles throughout the afternoon. I am sure it'll be a hit with park visitors once it does open! The WindstarZ replaced the Seabreeze Flyers flying scooter ride that had operated at the park from 1944 to 2023.

My first ride of the day was on the Jack Rabbit, a Harry C. Baker and John A. Miller out and back wooden roller coater that opened in 1920.

As mentioned before, it was great to be back on this classic wooden roller coaster as it is very smooth and filled with plenty of airtime!

The Time Machine was new at the park when I made my first visit in August 2017. This Technical Park Miami ride still looked fresh and new on my visit seven years later!

Here is a look at the park map featuring the new-for-2024 WindstarZ.

I always like it when parks have midways with shade!

At this end of the park, it was nice to feel the breeze come off of Lake Ontario on this warm and sunny day in July!

The next ride of the day at Seabreeze was on the beautiful Carousel. This Carousel was built by the Long family for the 1996 season after the previous Carousel had burned in 1994. It utilizes some parts from an old PTC carousel, hence why it sort of looks like a PTC Carousel. The Carousel at Seabreeze rides very smoothly as it rotates counterclockwise.

Here's my Mom and I on the Carousel.

This band organ is a replica of the Wurlitzer band organ that unfortunately burned in the fire of 1994. This replica is very beautiful and sounds wonderful!

Also on display in the Carousel building are various carousel horses and animals that were used on many of the carousels that were built by the Long family in the late-1800s and early 1900s. The Long family had built a total of eight carousels in a span of 27 years, with one of them crossing the Atlantic ocean in 1897 and operating at Blackpool Pleasure Beach for an undetermined amount of time!

Also located in the Carousel building is a timeline of Seabreeze going back to its opening year of 1879.

The Bobsleds is a rather quirky, but really fun hybrid roller coaster! I was glad to be able to ride this unique roller coaster again as it somewhat provides and 'out-of-control' feeling as the single cars navigate the narrow track!

Both times I rode the Bobsleds throughout the day, I rode in the USA car.

I love this 'head chopper' moment of the Bobsleds!

It looks like some new wood was added recently to the structure of the Bobsleds, which is great to see!

I had forgotten that there is a little pop of airtime on the hill after the first large drop!

After a spin on the classic Bobsleds, I took a ride on the Whirlwind, one of my favourite spinning roller coasters to date! When I first rode it seven years ago, I thought it was insane! To my surprise, the Whirlwind is still insane!

The Whirlwind seems to ride the best out of the three Maurer spinning coasters I have been on. It provides consistent spinning!

Also the location of the Whirlwind overlooking Lake Ontario is quite awesome too! The Whirlwind opened at Seabreeze in 2004 and had previously operated in Spain traveling to various fairs from 2000 to 2003.

Here's a look at the Music Express at Seabreeze. it is a Bertazzon model featuring a 50s rock and roll theme. Sadly many of the lights have burned out on it over the last seven years since I was last at Seabreeze. I took a spin on it in the late afternoon.

To cool off, I took a few rides on the Log Flume throughout the day! I forgot how soaking it really is!

For lunch I had a walking taco which consisted of Doritos chips, salsa, lettuce, black olives, cheese, and ground beef. it was really good!

The Screamin' Eagle is one of the more intense rides at Seabreeze. It continues to have a good ride cycle with plenty of hangtime!

After a thrilling ride on the Screamin' Eagle, my Mom and I took a relaxing ride on the Seabreeze Railroad.

While waiting for the train, we got a good view of the Log Flume! It sure makes quite a splash!

Here's a look at the train and its locomotive.

Here's my Mom and I on the Seabreeze Railroad.

It is a sort train ride that takes you along the course o the Log Flume.

Here's a look at the Log Flume's lift hill and the backside of the steep drop!

The train ride finishes with a tunnel along the lift hill of the Log Flume.

Up next I took a spin on the Tilt. This classic Tilt-A-Whirl rides very well for a park model! Its colours also still look very fresh since my first visit seven years ago!

Here's a look at the Wave Swinger located at Seabreeze. I recall seeing this at night seven years ago and it having multi-coloured flood lights shining on it. This Bertazzon manufactured Wave Swinger opened at Seabreeze in 2014 and had previously operated at the short-lived Hard Rock Park of South Carolina.

Up next was a ride on the Bumper Cars. These Duce manufactured bumper cars move pretty fast!

I took another spin on the Bobsleds and the Whirlwind!

Throughout the day there was an acrobatics show performance near the game midway.

I ended my visit to Seabreeze with a few more rides on the classic Jack Rabbit!

I just love how much airtime it has!

Here's my Mom and I after a great afternoon at Seabreeze! Up next are photos of our visit to Six Flags Great Escape! 🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment