Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Canada's Wonderland - August 14th, 2026

On August 14th, I made my seventh visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland!

My brother Scott and our mom joined me for a day of fun! It was the start of the Season Passholder Appreciation weekend, so there were many discounts to be redeemed during today's visit, including 50% off on a ride on Slingshot! I managed to get on 17 different rides during this visit as the park was not extremely busy. Also of interest, themed music has now  been added to AlpenFest and Medieval Faire since our last visit, joining International Street and Grande World Expo. Overall, it was a really great time after visiting other amusement parks the previous week!

Be sure to check out the photos of our great day at Canada's Wonderland! 🙂🎢


The sunshine was there to greet us as we started our day!

Scott and I's first ride of the day was on AlpenFury before the rest of the park opened for the day!

After a thrilling ride on AlpenFury, we got on Thunder Run as the line was short as the park still hadn't quite opened at this time!

Once the park opened, we got on Vortex! I always try to ride this Suspended coaster every visit as it is so much fun!

Here's a look at the recently relocated Pizza Pizza location in Grande World Expo. This location was previously home to the Chicken Shack and was repainted last month. The former Pizza Pizza location near Windseeker now sits vacant.

Sledge Hammer was unfortunately closed during our visit. It appears to need a bit more work done on it! Luckily we rode it during our last two visits.

While in Action Zone, we took a ride on Behemoth! The airtime was plenty!

After our ride on Behemoth, I peeked over the fence on the former plot of Time Warp. Since our last couple of visits, the Winterfest decorations were removed and the portable fencing was taken down. There were still some boxes on the platform, but I couldn't make out what they were for. I am quite intrigued as to what could become of the former Time Warp plot!

Up next was a ride on The DareDeviler! I am absolutely loving the new trains!

We then walked back around to Mighty Canadian Minebuster in Frontier Canada! This and The DareDeviler are must rides every visit for me now with all the refurbishments both coasters have recently received!

As it was around 11ma, Scott and I got on White Water Canyon for a somewhat soaking ride!

We then ventured over to Planet Snoopy for a ride on Ghoster Coaster.

For our first meal of the day, we went to Roadside Chicken in Frontier Canada. I ordered the crispy chicken salad. I was surprised by how small the salad was compared to a chicken salad I had at Six Flags New England the week before. I always feel the portions are smaller at Canada's Wonderland! I do hope they improve their dining game again as it was good a few years ago!

After lunch, I got on Tundra Twister. There were no flips on today's ride, but it was still very fun!

Scott and I then took up on the 50% off ride on Slingshot! This was our first time on Slingshot at Canada's Wonderland since 2021 as it is quite costly compared to other Slingshot rides in the chain.

During our ride on Slingshot, we managed to flip four times, including at the top, 300 feet above the ground!

Once back on the ground, we joined our mom for a ride on Antique Carousel just as a stray shower passed through.

Since our last visit over two weeks ago, this Dippin' Dots booth appeared on International Street next to Pizza Pizza.

While on International Street, our mom took up on the offer of 50% off Beavertails during the Season Passholder Appreciation weekend. While she was eating her Beavertail, I watched the Victoria Falls High Diver show. It's been a while since I have seen it!

Scott and I then ventured over to Medieval Faire for a ride on Dragon Fyre followed by a ride on Spinovator!

We then stopped by Drop Tower as the line was very short!

We then took a ride on Leviathan! Our wait for Leviathan was significantly shortened as we recently renewed our passes and upgraded from Gold to prestige next year. One of the perks for Prestige pass holders is a single use Fastlane pass every visit! It came in handy for today's ride on Leviathan!

I then took a spin on Shockwave, which offered a rather wild ride during today's visit!

Another season pass discount I took up on during today's visit was a double discount on food! I got this broken cookie sundae from Cookie Cafe for 30% off the regular price!

We then sat in on the Retrospect performance at International Showplace. It was quite reminiscent of the show I had seen at Kings Island earlier this year, but it seemed to lack a bit of energy compared to Kings Island's show.

The music selection was great and the performers did well. I guess the set could be improved on to help improve the overall atmosphere and energy of the show!

For our second meal of the day, I ordered the Pesto Chicken Caprese Sandwich with a side of capellini pasta from Grande World Eatery. It was very delicious!

Our final ride of our visit was on Swing Of The Century. This classic Zierer Wave Swinger always gives a fun ride experience!

Here I am with my brother Scott and our Mom. We had a great day!

As we were leaving, we spotted Linus near the Royal Fountain on International Street. It appears he has a new outfit! My mom always enjoys posing with the various Peantus characters at the park!
Thanks for checking out our photos of another great visit at Canada's Wonderland! 🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment