Thursday 23 May 2024

Canada's Wonderland - May 23rd, 2024

 What a lovely day it was to be at Canada's Wonderland for my second visit of the season! The weather was perfect and the park was not busy. Today I managed to get on a total of 21 different rides, with Scott joining me on many of them!

Be sure to enjoy the photos of my day at Canada's Wonderland!🙂


It was a beautiful morning as my brother Scott, our Mom, and I approached the park. The temperature was a very comfortable 18°C!

On our visit today, the landscaping team at the park was putting together the iconic floral Canadian flag on International Street as you enter the park. A fun fact is that the park opened on May 23rd, 1981, making the park officially 43 years old as of today!

My first ride of the day was The Bat! I always enjoy going backwards through the loop on the return trip!

After getting on The Bat and Vortex, it was time for Wonder mountain's Guardian, which is celebrating it's 10th year of operation this year! Where has the time gone?!?
From 2014 through 2023, loose articles could not be taken into the queue. Well, for 2024 the park has installed a bin system in the station, similar to that of Yukon Striker's bin system! It is a great improvement and works very well for Wonder Mountain's Guardian! 

A little while after we headed over to Action Zone to get rides on Sledge Hammer, Behemoth, and Backlot Stunt Coaster.

For this season, it appears that White Water Canyon has returned to opening at 11am daily instead of at 12pm on weekdays and 11am on weekends as introduced last season. Keeping the opening time consistent to what it has been for many years causes less confusion for guests. 

White Water Canyon has been operating at the park for the last 40 years now! It appears the park has done some adjustments to the ride including an improvement of the rapids (making them larger), adding water geysers before the tunnel, making the waterfalls shoot out farther than in pervious years, and adding replacing the buckle seatbelts with Velcro seatbelts. All of the improvements mentioned are greatly appreciated!

Since my last visit to the park, Viking's Rage reopened after its refurbishment. 

As mentioned in my last trip report, I noted that the refurbishment for Viking's Rage consisted of a new paint job and a new electric drive motor. The old hydraulic two wheel drive system was replaced with a single wheel electric drive motor system. The new motor system starts swinging the boat in an interesting way, but on a positive note, the boat starts to swing higher much faster than before!

After a dew more rides, I headed over to Flight Deck and Time Warp in Grande World Exposition of 1890 for my first rides of the season as I did not ride them last time. Flight Deck was tolerable today, while Time Warp was painful as usual. 🤣

The 2024 season marks 20 years since Time Warp (formerly Tomb Raider - The Ride from 2004 through 2007) debuted at Canada's Wonderland. I tend to ride it about 1-2 times per season despite how rough it is! Before riding it, I shared a photo of it on my Instagram story recognizing its 20th anniversary, tagging some amusement park enthusiast friends to come ride it 20 times in a row for its 20th anniversary. It definitely caused some laughter amongst those who I tagged in the story as none of us would ever partake in such a celebration given how awful Time Warp rides!🤣 A screenshot of the story is below!



After getting bashed on Time Warp, I took a spin on the Antique Carousel with my brother Scott and our Mom. While the Antique Carousel is beautiful, the floor definitely needs a good cleaning!

While in line for Swing of the Century, I noticed many small lilac shrubs had been planted around the ride where the trees were removed last year. The area will be very beautiful once they grow big!

Later in the day I took a spin on Tundra Twister. Today's ride was not very thrilling, but offered a nice view!

While waiting to ride Tundra Twister, I got a good view of the loading platform for the all-new for 2024 Moosehorn Falls water slide in Splash Works. They now have a good portion of the boomerang wall built as seen while riding Behemoth earlier in the day.

Behemoth was riding extremely well in the warm weather!

After a ride on Tundra Twister and another ride on White Water Canyon, I went to go fill my water bottle at the washroom nearby. I was disappointed to see that the water bottle tap installed last year (and was there up to two weeks ago) was removed and replaced with a basic drinking fountain tap, making it difficult to fill up water bottles. Hopefully this isn't permanent as the other tap was very useful!

As the park wasn't too busy and was mostly filled with school groups, we headed over to Kidzville to get our annual ride on Silver Streak. It is a nice family inverted coaster that I enjoy riding every so often.

One of my final rides of the day was on Wilde Knight Mares in Medieval Faire. While waiting to board, I noticed a goose resting on the roof on a building next to Wilde Knight Mares. I wouldn't call it a relaxing place to sit, but the roof is definitely away from everyone else! 😂

After another great day filled with fun and thills, we decided it was time to head out! Somehow the sunlight added a natural filter to our photo, which turned out rather well, making it kind of magical! 🙂



No comments:

Post a Comment