Wednesday 29 May 2024

Six Flags Darien Lake - May 25th and 26th, 2024

 On May 25th and 26th, my Mom and I made our annual visit to Six Flags Darien Lake! During this visit, I was able to get my Mom's Six Flags pass processed for when we travel again this summer.

While the weather was quite rainy on Saturday, we still had a great time regardless! Sunday on the other hand was very sunny and warm! Over the two days, I managed to get on many rides at the park, including the roller coasters. Be sure to enjoy the photos of our time at Six Flags Darien Lake!

Saturday, May 25th:

After a short two and a half hour drive, we were the first to pull up to the parking lot at Six Flags Darien Lake on Saturday morning of the Memorial Day long weekend. Luckily for us, we were able to cross into the US at the Fort Erie/Buffalo border rather quickly!

The day started with over-cast skies and heavy periods of rain.

Just before the park opened at 11am, the rain poured down causing everyone to run into the nearby shops.

After the rain had passed, my first ride of the day was on the 25 year old Ride of Steel! I was on the first train of the day. Ride of Steel continues to ride very well, offering tons of airtime as per usual!

After a ride on the Ride of Steel, I lined up for The Predator. During this past off-season, more titan track was added to The Predator, making it even more enjoyable!

If you look closely, you can see smiles on the faces of the riders on The Predator! The continuous additions of steel titan track are greatly appreciated!

Up next was a ride on the Boomerang!

The Boomerang rode at lot better than last August thanks to the recent re-tracking of vertical loop! Improvements likes this can make a world of a difference! I couldn't believe how smooth it was! No more potholes! 😂

The Pirate still offers an abundance of airtime! I was glad to see this classic ride saved a few years ago!

The Six Flags Skyscreamer had opened briefly before being closed down due to an incoming thunderstorm that lasted for over 30 minutes.

After the thunderstorm passed, my Mom and I walked around the midway, waiting for the rides to open. A lot of rain came down during that time!

While I was having lunch, the rain started to come down hard again.

As seen from the canopy in the Boardwalk area, you can see parkgoers riding Blast Off in the pouring rain!

While I really enjoy the Six Flags Skyscreamer, I would not want to ride it in the pouring rain as it would feeling like hail hitting your face at those speeds!

While it continued to rain, I decided to take a spin on the Bear Valley Bumper Buggies bumper car ride. Once the rain stopped, I then took a ride on the Six Flags Skyscreamer. Afterwards, I was going to ride the Moto Coaster, but it was closed due to a minor technical issue, so we walked across the covered bridge and captured this photo of the Tin Lizzy's. 

Earlier in the day between the rain showers, my Mom and I took a relaxing ride on the Tin Lizzy's.

As you may have heard, the Mind Eraser will be closed for the 2024 season as it undergoes an extensive renovation. In 2025, it will reopen with two new trains, making the ride experience a comfortable one as the trains will feature vest restraints! I am really looking forward to this!


In the mid-afternoon, I took a spin on the Tantrum. Luckily this year it is operating with two trains unlike last year, causing less of a wait!
It continues to be a fun roller coaster with its twists and quick turns!

After a ride on Tantrum, I decided to redeem some of my rewards points for a small dish of Dippin' Dots. With my points, I ordered a dish of Banana Split flavoured Dippin' Dots. It was surprisingly good!

Unfortunately during my visit, I did not get a ride on the classic Corn Popper, but it is great to see this classic Huss Swing Around still operating!

Just as we were leaving to our hotel for the day, the skies started to clear!

I really like the look of the new banners on the main pathway!

Here's my Mom and I just before heading over to our hotel in Batavia.

Hopefully the work on the Mind Eraser begins soon as it desperately needs some attention!

Sunday, May 26th:

Sunday morning was slightly cool, but sunny!

I started off Sunday with a ride on the classic Viper!

It provided a decent ride through its five inversions. One thing you have to remember when riding the Viper is to not get stapled in your seat as you can feel your spine compress as you go through the batwing inversion!

The trees around the Viper hide a lot of its track.

After the Viper, I rode the Moto Coaster. One can still never truly prepare for its flywheel launch!

The Six Flags Sky Screamer was offering a thrilling ride as the winds picked up in the late morning!

My Mom and I then took another spin on the Tin Lizzy's followed by a ride on the Grand Carousel.

Here we are before the ride began!

Given how smooth the Boomerang now is, I took another ride on it after a ride on the Ride of Steel.

With the temperature warming up, many visitors took a ride on Shipwreck Falls. It was quite odd to me to see the front row on Shipwreck Falls still being blocked off, like it was last year. I wonder the reason for that.

The Corn Popper is quite vibrant under the sun!

Many were enjoying a ride on Viper in the afternoon!

I was going to take a ride on Silver Bullet, but the line was too long!

Instead I took one final ride on the Six Flags Sky Screamer before we headed home!

Here we are before heading out! Thanks for taking a look at our photos of our weekend getaway to Six Flags Darien Lake! 🙂




No comments:

Post a Comment