Tuesday 21 May 2019

Canada's Wonderland - May 21st, 2019

Tuesday, May 21st marked my fourth visit of the 2019 season to Canada's Wonderland! During my 18 days since my last visit to the park, a few small changes regarding Yukon Striker had occurred, which is good to see. Also the weather has since greatly improved since my previous visit! During this visit, I managed to capture some historical comparison photos of the park's past that some may enjoy!

If you would like to see more historical photo comparisons of Canada's Wonderland, let me know and I'll see what I can do! Be sure to enjoy the photos below!

After entering the park just after the front gates opened for the day, I captured this photo. 

Not too much has changed on International Street since 1981, except for the addition of a fence around the Royal Fountain and the trees have grown over the past 38 years. Also note that the wonderful landscaping crew was setting up the floral Canadian Flag during my visit.
During Season Pass Sneak Preview Night, I had noticed that the international Showplace had a canopy once again. It went without one during the 2018 season due to an ice storm that hit southern Ontario in April of last year. 
Here I am standing outside my old work location at Canada's Wonderland while being a Maze Usher during Halloween Haunt last October. For those who don't know, this is the location of the Ruin and Blackout mazes which are located in the basement of Wonder Mountain.
Since my last visit to Canada's Wonderland (May 3rd), Yukon Striker's tunnel was painted brown in order to make it darker. It was quite bright when it was just plain concrete. I applaud this decision as a tunnel should be dark.
After catching a ride on Yukon Striker to kick off a start to a great day, I captured a few summer-like photos of Yukon Striker.
Since it was quite windy in the morning, the trains on Yukon Striker moved a tad slower. This allowed passengers to experience a great amount of hang time on Yukon Striker's inversions, which made the ride experience quite unique!
While the first drop on Yukon Striker is the main draw, the second drop after the mid-course brake run is quite thrilling as it features a pop of airtime before the train heads into the final helix.
Timberwolf Falls and White Water Canyon opened last Friday for the season. I took a ride (or two) on both today. White Water Canyon and Timberwolf Falls are celebrating 35 and 30 years of operation, respectively this season.
Here's a view of Vortex today with a view of Vortex from 1991. The nearby trees have certainly grown over the past 28 years! Also, Wonder Mountain's Guardian opened overhead in 2014, five years ago.
Here's a look at Klockwerks with a view of the former Bayern's Curve in 2000. While both Klockwerks and Bayern's Curve were both original attractions at Canada's Wonderland when the park opened in 1981, Klockwerks had operated across the "street" until the end of the 2000 season, in order to make room for Shockwave. Bayern's Curve was ultimately removed from the park in order to accommodate a relocated Klockwerks.
In the photo of Arthur's Baye in Medieval Faire from 1981, you can see quite a few similarities in the view of today as Viking's Rage, Wilde Knight Mares, and Wilde Beast still operate at the park. Also, a performance structure still exists in Arthur's Baye, although no longer a pirate ship. Today, Drop Tower and Leviathan dominate the skies in the section of the park.
The beautiful blossoms were coming out at Canada's Wonderland with the arrival of seasonal temperatures.
After another great day spent a Canada's Wonderland, it was time for my Mom and I to head home. Thanks for checking out my photos of our great day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment