Friday 3 May 2019

Opening Day at Canada's Wonderland - May 3rd, 2019

Today marked my third visit of the season at Canada's Wonderland! Today was the official Opening Day, which was filled with a lot of excitement despite the cool and damp weather. The day started with me catching a ride on Yukon Striker's first train of the day, which happened to have the Yukon Government Minister on it! That was quite interesting and exciting! The rest of the day was quite eventful as well as I managed to get on many rides throughout the day.

Be sure to view my photos below of another great day my Mom and I had!

Once the park opened for the day, many made their way to Yukon Striker. While most rides open at 10am, Yukon Striker had a slight delay due to the media being there and filming the ride.
A train of riders preparing for the 90° plunge!
The same train of riders entering the zero-g winder inversion!
The theming for Yukon Striker is very detailed. There is a water tower with a working water trough. It's a very nice touch!
The mining carts in front of Yukon Striker are very detailed as well.
It's quite fun to watch the expressions of passengers on Yukon Striker as they're held at the top of the drop!
The Immelmann inversion after the first drop and under water tunnel on Yukon Striker sure packs a punch! As of today, I have been on Yukon Striker 12 times. It is still an adrenaline rush everytime!



I think I may have seen these signs at the top of roller coaster lift hills in the past. While I don't know what it is truly for, it reminds me of a "This Way Up" label. ;-)
During Season Pass Sneak Preview Night, the old late 1990s Dragon Fire sign was present. Today, the new Dragon Fyre sign was up, and does it look great! It really pays homage to Dragon Fyre's original sign used until the mid-1990s.
Wonder Mountain's Guardian began to test mid-afternoon after the tracks had dried up after the morning rain.
Here are more thrill-seekers going through the first Immelman inversion on Yukon Striker! 
After another great day of fun, it was time for us to head home! Thanks for reading and looking at my photos of Opening Day at Canada's Wonderland! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment