Friday 26 May 2023

Canada's Wonderland - May 24th, 2023

 Visit number two for the 2023 season to Canada's Wonderland is now in the books!

The day started off somewhat rainy but then became sunny and very windy! Despite the adverse weather, I was able to get on 19 rides during my visit! Be sure to enjoy the photos of my second visit of the 2023 season.


The making of the floral flag on International Street was happening today.

I started my day in Action Zone and Frontier Canada. The park wasn't busy, so I was able to get on many of the rides and roller coasters in these sections, including Yukon Striker.

Throughout the day, the park was testing Tundra Twister. It looks like it will be opening within a week!

Like I've said before from my last visit, Tundra Twister looks spectacular!

On my way over to International Festival and Medieval Faire, I captured this photo of the new skee ball machines that replaced the old Top Glow game in International Festival.

After riding Shockwave and Wilde Beast I got in line for Leviathan. I managed to get a front row seat which was very forceful, especially with the strong gusts of wind!

Shockwave was giving some thrilling rides today.

Tundra Twister is mostly hidden by Yukon Striker, but if you look closely, you can see it operating.

On my way to get photos of Snoopy's Racing Railway, the new-for-2023 roller coaster, I took a spin on Flying Eagles in Kidzville. Hard to believe this ride opened seven years ago!

The new-for-2023 Snoopy's Racing Railway family launched coaster is located in the back half of Planet Snoopy and is themed around Woodstock and his bad seed gang.

While children and adults accompanied by a child are the only ones able to ride Snoopy's Racing Railway, this coaster is a great addition to an underutilized area of the park.

Along various sections of the track, audio clips play as the train speeds by.

The 14-passenger train is launched out of the station at speeds up to 50 km/h (31.1 mph) and travels around the track twice.

The structures that surrounded the track include Lucy's Rootbeer Saloon and Franklin's Fireworks Factory. Snoopy's Racing Railway looks to be a hit with young families since its debut on May 18th!

In the early afternoon, two geese were wading the waters of Victoria Falls at Wonder Mountain.

Tundra Twister when in full operation stands approximately 150 feet tall!

Twisting upside down at that height is going to be quite a thrill!

Hopefully soon the test dummies will be replaced by real, living passengers!

In the afternoon, the skies cleared, allowing for some stunning shots, particularly those of Sledge Hammer, which is celebrating 20 years of operation this year!

It rode great today! I was very happy to see all six gondolas operating and to see the ride operators interacting with the passengers like they had last year!

The airtime on Behemoth is always fun!

Today I decided to ride Time Warp and Flight Deck. I feel some days both are decent and tolerable while other days both are awful. lol

While in line for Flight Deck, I managed to capture a close-up photo of the mannequin in the control tower above Flight Deck's station. Interestingly enough, he is still sporting apparel from the days when it was known as Top Gun (1995-2007)!

Tundra Twister's huge pendulum structure is quite eye-catching!

New this year are signs with a phone number to report line jumping. Hopefully this helps resolve the situation that has been occurring for years at the park! Of note, when in line for Leviathan in the morning, the Fast Lane attendant was able to remove a persistent line jumper from the queue!

Here is my Mom and I posing for a photo before heading home after a great day of fun at Canada's Wonderland! :-)

Below is a video of Tundra Twister testing during my visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment