Monday 3 July 2023

Canada's Wonderland - July 3rd, 2023

 Today marked my fourth visit of the 2023 season to Canada's Wonderland, and what a thrilling day it was!

My brother Scott, our Mom, and I arrived at Canada's Wonderland shortly before 9:30am. It was a little cloudy as it had just finished raining before we arrived. Once the rides opened at 10am, we headed over to Action Zone to start our day off on Behemoth. Afterwards we headed over to Frontier Canada to ride Yukon Striker, Tundra Twister, and White Water Canyon. 

After our first ride on White Water Canyon, Scott and I ran into Tyler, a fellow amusement park enthusiast from Wonderland Weekly. We rode White Water Canyon again with Tyler. After a nice conversation about all things amusement parks, we went our sperate ways. Later in the day we met him again in Frontier Canada across from Tundra Twister. 

After chatting for a while, somehow Xtreme Skyflyer came up. Then before you know it, Tyler and I were off to ride it! It was Tyler's third time and my first ever time riding Xtreme Skyflyer! What an adrenaline rush that was! I never thought I would ever do it, but I gained enough courage to do it! It was great having Tyler there for my first ride on Xtreme Skyflyer! Down below is a video of my first ride on Xtreme Skyflyer!

After a thrilling ride on Xtreme Skyflyer, Scott and I finished our day with rides on Dragon Fyre and Spinovator. Be sure to enjoy photos from my great day at Canada's Wonderland!


Leviathan was testing before the park opened for the day. It's roar can be heard from quiet a distance.

The skies were starting to clear as we entered the park onto International Street.

While waiting for the rides to open, Flight Deck was testing.

After a ride on Behemoth and Yukon Striker, we headed over to Tundra Twister. I honestly hadn't noticed the maps on the table near the entrance to Tundra Twister when I had visited Canada's Wonderland last month, so I thought to get a photo of them. As mentioned before the theming of Tundra Twister is quite nice and adds to the area of Frontier Canada!

It amazes me how every ride on Tundra Twister feels different! During my first of two rides of the day on Tundra Twister, we did a head dive towards the ground after going over the top! It was quite intense! To date I have been on Tundra Twister six times and each ride experience has been different!


It is fun watching others ride it too!

The hold at the top gives passengers a nice view of the park as the gondolas rotate.

Diving towards the ground upside down is an amazing sensation!

In early July of every year, Canada's Wonderland holds Celebration Canada. a festival celebrating everything Canadian. There were many food booths lined up along the path in Frontier Canada near White Water Canyon.

Vortex was swinging over the midway of International Festival.

Shockwave was providing a very intense ride cycle today, sending riders upside down as they swooped towards the ground!

As a somewhat odd move, the park recently decided to place claw machine games under the canopy at the Fun Shoppe in Medieval Faire.

The seats and tables were moved to the right of the doors to the Fun Shoppe, making them no longer in the shade.

Across from Leviathan in Medieval Faire, the Fast Lane booth was converted into a merchandise shop.

Riptide was operating with water once again, but just enough to get your feet wet if you're seated in the first of two gondolas. So, it is no longer a soaking experience like it was years ago. I believe this will help with the longevity of the ride.

The planters along the bridge in front of Wonder Mountain had beautiful flower arrangements in them!

Tundra Twister was twisting and flipping passengers under the hot afternoon sun!

After some downtime in the morning, Sledge Hammer was up and operating throughout the afternoon. It was running amazingly well today!

In the afternoon, Tyler and I rode Xtreme Skyflyer! It was my first and Tyler's third ride in this thrilling attraction!

Here I am getting suited up into a harness!

Here is Tyler and I waiting to fly after getting into our harnesses! Beow is a video of my first flight on Xtreme Skyflyer! Thanks goes to my brother Scott for filming it!


Here is the three of us after another exhilarating day at Canada's Wonderland!

As we were leaving for the day, I captured this photo of Xtreme Skyflyer. I still can't believe I finally took flight on Xtreme Skyflyer after years of passing it by!

Thanks for checking out my photos of our great day at Canada's Wonderland! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment