Thursday 31 August 2023

Canada's Wonderland - August 29th, 2023

 On Tuesday, August 29th I spent a whole day at Canada's Wonderland, hanging out with Amadeo and his friends Arianna and Daniel throughout the afternoon through closing time. We ended our day with a night ride on Behemoth! While it was really busy at the park, it was amazing hanging out with them on my 7th visit of the season! I hope to do it again sooner, rather than waiting a whole year!

Be sure to check out my photos of our great time at Canada's Wonderland! 

The morning was bright and sunny when I arrived at the park shortly after 9:30am.

Once the ropes dropped at 10am, I headed over to Yukon Striker for my first ride of the day.

After a ride on Yukon Striker, I went over to Behemoth as Tundra Twister wasn't quite ready for the day. After a ride on Behemoth I saw people on Tundra Twister, so I got in line for Tundra Twister. Once in line the ride temporarily goes down and cycled empty. I managed to get this nice shot while waiting for Tundra Twister to reopen.

After a ride on Tundra Twister, I ventured over to International Street to watch the Victoria Falls High Divers show at Wonder Mountain.

While the performance is relatively the same every year, it is still cool to see divers jump off of the top of Victoria Falls down into the pool below at the base of Wonder Mountain.

You wouldn't catch me up there!

The show always draws a crowd!

If you're going to dive off of Wonder Mountain, going head first is the way to go! ;-)

While waiting for Amadeo and his friends to arrive, I captured a photo of the small shrubs planted around Swing of the Century. They will look nice once they have fully grown.

The flowers planted throughout the park have done really well with all the rain we have received this summer!

Once back in Action Zone I rode Sledge Hammer. It is still hard to believe that this one-of-a-kind ride is 20 years old this year!

Shortly after 1pm, I met up with Amadeo and his friend Arianna on the patio at the Lazy Bear Lodge. The patio offers a really nice view of Yukon Striker and Vortex!

And Tundra Twister, too!

The trains on Vortex just zip on by!

Afterwards we took a ride on Vortex and Shockwave (which is still running insane!), followed by a ride on Drop Tower, where Daniel met up with us to take the 227 foot plunge!

I always enjoy free falling on Drop Tower, especially with my hands up!

Once back on the ground, I headed over to Backlot Cafe for a Chicken Nacho Bowl. I was used to the beef Nacho Bowl, but the chicken one was surprisingly good! Here is a photo of the highly photogenic Flight Deck.

While I was eating at Backlot Cafe, Amadeo, Arianna, and Daniel were in line for Ghoster Coaster. Here's a photo of them I captured from Ghoster Coaster's exit path.

There they are on the fun and classic family wooden coaster. I also enjoy taking it for a ride every once in a while.

Unfortunately for us taller riders, the trains on Ghoster Coaster aren't too kind on the knees. 😆

I just love how the evening sun shines on Yukon Striker's track. This was on our way over to ride Sledge Hammer.

That little dip on Yukon Striker is filled with a bit of airtime!

After a fun ride on Sledge Hammer, I captured this photo of the sun setting. it looks as if Yukon Striker's track just heads into the sun!

After another ride on Tundra Twister, we hung out on the Lazy Bear Lodge patio again. There I was able to get some night shots of Tundra Twister in action.

It is quite tricky to capture at night!

Once the sun goes down, some of the rides really come to life!

We finished our night at the park with a ride on Behemoth! It is a great roller coaster to ride in the dark! I was glad to enjoy a night ride on it as it has been quite a while since I had last done that! Just afterwards, it began to lightly rain.

International Street is quite beautiful at night with the Royal Fountain lit up.

Here I am after a day of hanging out with some great people at Canada's Wonderland!

Here are the four of us (from left to right: Amadeo, John (myself), Daniel, and Arianna) before leaving the park just as the rain began to pour down! Thanks to Amadeo for this photo! It was amazing hanging out with you guys! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment