Sunday 2 June 2024

Canada's Wonderland - June 2nd, 2024

 I made a solo visit to Canada's Wonderland on this rainy Sunday! Due to the rainy weather I didn't take too many photos this time. Although, I did manage to get on 14 different rides and check out the new Grande World Eatery! 

Enjoy the photos of my third visit of the season! 🙂


The rain was coming down quite hard when I pulled into the parking lot around 9:20am.

My first rides of the day were on Vortex, Shockwave, and Leviathan. Unfortunately Leviathan went down for quite a few minutes while I was in line, causing what would have been a 20 minute wait turn into almost an hour wait. I did eventually get on once they started loading the trains again.

Here is the majestic Wonder Mountain on this dreary Sunday.

For lunch, I went to the Grande World Eatery which had recently opened after a massive renovation. It was formerly Backlot Café.

The interior was redone and is much brighter than before. The Grande World Eatery also features a new "pay-one-price" menu like that at Lazy Bear Lodge where you choose an entrée and a side.

For my first meal of the day using my all season dining pass, I had the Mongolian beef with a side of rice with vegetables. The Mongolian beef was very flavorful and tasty.

Inside the Grande World Eatery dining area are posters that advertise various current and former rides and attractions that are or once were at Canada's Wonderland. Here is one advertising the Antique Carousel. I love the look of the posters!

Here is an overview o the dining area in the Grande World Eatery. New tables and chairs (plastic) were added as a part of the renovation.

After a bite to eat, I took a ride on Sledge Hammer. It was running very well today!

Here is a zoomed-in view of the new-for-2024 Moosehorn Falls waterslide in Splash Works. It still has a way to go before opening.

While wandering through the park, I ran into Matt of CoasterCircuits blog. We hung out for a while, riding three rides together including Windseeker (pictured), Tundra Twister, and Viking's Rage.
Tundra Twister gave us a rather thrilling ride, something neither of us had seen in a long time! We not only dived head first toward the ground not only once, but twice, the second time backwards! It was quite insane and something I would like to see more often!

After our rides, we went over to the Grande World Eatery to redeem our second meals of the day. This time I had the jerk pork and a sweet kale salad. Both were very good with the jerk pork melting in my mouth. The naan (flat bread) served with both my meals today was also very soft. I only wish there were more options than just four entrees on the menu. That's my only complaint.

My third last ride of the day was on Spinovator. While waiting in line I noticed they were only filling the back row on Riptide. If the line was shorter, I would have rode it as the back row flips a bit more.

My second last ride of the day was on White Water Canyon. It had a relatively short line due to the weather.

I finished my visit at Canada's Wonderland with a ride on Psyclone. It provides an airtime filled ride as it typically does. I was lucky to get my usual seat where I face the ground during the ride.

Tundra Twister peeks out from behind Yukon Striker as it twists and flips riders under the grey skies.

After a fun-filled Sunday, I decided it was time to head home! Thanks for checking out my visit to Canada's Wonderland! 🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment