Wednesday 26 June 2024

Canada's Wonderland - June 26th, 2024

 Today I made my fourth visit of the 2024 season to Canada's Wonderland! It was my first visit since my June road trip to four amusement parks in New Jersey and Pennsylvania (check them out on the right panel if you haven't done so ➡). My brother Scott and our Mom came along for the visit! It was a rather warm and humid day at the park until it began to rain just as we were leaving for the day. While a few rides were down throughout the day, I managed to get on 11 different rides!

Enjoy the photos! 🙂


The day started out sunny, warm, and humid!

Geese had taken over the floral flag on International Street!

The geese were being a bit destructive, ripping out flowers as they walked through! 🤣

This year, Celebration Canada festival has been relocated to the Grande World Expo of 1890. Celebration Canada runs from June 28th to July 7th, 2024.

Scott and I started off our day with a ride on Behemoth. I would then go ride Yukon Striker.

Behemoth was riding quite well today! The trim brakes weren't too strong on the airtime hills!

Since my last visit to Canada's Wonderland on June 2nd, this Coca-Cola refill station in Action Zone had opened.

In the late-morning, Scott and I took a ride on Vortex. Today we got a ride in the back seat!

While traveling through International Festival, I captured a couple of photos of the construction.

Pilings are being put into the ground in preparation for what it coming to Canada's Wonderland!

For my first meal of the day with my all-season dining plan, I had smoked hickory chicken with a side of smashed herb potatoes and a potato roll from the Lazy Bear Lodge. The meal was very good. I hope more dining locations are open during my next visit as the selection has been quite limited so far this season.

While eating on the patio at Lazy Bear Lodge, you can get a nice view of Yukon Striker.

Mighty Canadian Minebuster was closed for the day as Maintenance was performing work on and around the lift hill.

Sledge Hammer was operating well as per usual! But the wait times were a bit long as new team members were in-training today.

In the afternoon I had a blue ice cream from the Cookie Café. While the price went up a bit, the huge serving you get makes it worth it!

The Royal Fountain on International Street did not seem to be on full anytime I walked by them today.

The new dive structure on Arthur's Baye in Medieval Faire! It looks like it has always been there thanks to its Medieval theme!

The structure stands above the trees as seen from the Thunder Run queue.

Here's another look at the construction in International Festival as seen from Thunder Run's queue.

My second meal of the day was a pick-one dish from Manchu Wok.

Just as we were getting ready to leave, it began to rain! Thankfully it stayed dry for most of our visit! I hope to be back in a few weeks after my next up-coming road trip in July! 🙂 


No comments:

Post a Comment