Monday 12 August 2024

Canada's Wonderland - August 8th, 2024

 On Thursday, August 8th, I went to Canada's Wonderland the day of the announcement for AlpenFury, a new roller coaster opening in 2025!

From early afternoon through close, I hung out with my amusement park friends Amadeo, Daniel, and Arianna! It was a great time riding quite a few rides with them, celebrating the announcement of AlpenFury!

Below are photos of my sixth visit of the season at Canada's Wonderland! 🙂


This view is going to look quite different with the opening of AlpenFury next year!

When I arrived at the park, it had not quite opened for the day. The announcement of AlpenFury caused quite a buzz at the park!

Once inside, I immediately headed towards the AlpenFury display. AlpenFury looks like it will be an amazing roller coaster with its launch through Wonder Mountain followed by a total of nine inversions!

I really cannot wait to ride next year! While at the display, I chatted briefly with Grace Peacock, Director of Communications about the addition of AlpenFury. I always enjoy chatting with her!

With the announcement of AlpenFury, the banners surrounding the construction area in International Festival (will be renamed Alpenfest in 2025) have changed, announcing the arrival of AlpenFury in 2025! While walking through the area, I briefly ran into Luke who was doing a video of AlpenFury for ACE. 🙂

The banners on the fence near Wonder Mountain have conceptual design work showing what the area will look like in 2025 with the addition of AlpenFury!

AlpenFury will definitely be a great addition to the park, bringing the roller coaster lineup to a total of 19, second most at a park in North America!

After checking out the display and construction area for AlpenFury, I started my day off with a ride on Vortex!

After Vortex, I rode Yukon Striker, and then took a spin on Behemoth.

I am happy that the park has finally added a single rider line on Behemoth this year! My only concern is the lack of training the ride attendants currently have with placing single riders in the station as quite a few trains were dispatched with empty seats, causing the line to move slower than expected. It moved even slower later in the day as a handful of empty seats were noticed. I suppose this issue will be resolved through more training.

While in Action Zone, I noticed the hanging flower baskets were looking quite beautiful this year!

After a while, I headed over to Medieval Faire. While there, I noticed the trailer serving beer and snacks had been replaced with a permanent structure sometime over the last two weeks. It looks really good and fits in very well! I then took a ride on Dragon Fyre.

After a ride on Dragon Fyre, I ventured over to Grande World Exposition of 1890 to see the construction progress on the newly announced AlpenFury. There was some work done where Xtreme Skyflyer once was located.

It is crazy to think that a massive launch coaster will be passing through here next year!

At the Wonderland Store near the front gate, they instantly had AlpenFury merchandise for sale! I instantly bought the t-shirt and wore it proudly throughout the day!

It is hard to currently envision another roller coaster coming out of Wonder Mountain. But it is happening in 2025 as AlpenFury will launch out of Wonder mountain right over Vortex and Wonder Mountain's Guardian!

Shortly after 2pm, I met up with Amadeo, Daniel, and Arianna! While I didn't have a swimsuit, I still tagged along as they went to Splash Works to experience the new for 2024 Moosehorn Falls!

Here they are after navigating the zero gravity wall! It looked quite thrilling!

Here's another photo of Daniel, Arianna, and Amadeo just before they exited the raft.

Here is Amadeo about to jump from the highest platform on Mountain Bay Cliffs in Splash Works.

After spending some time in Splash Works, we grabbed a bite to eat at the Grande World Eatery in Grande World Exposition of 1890. I had the jerk chicken and vegetable rice dish.

Posters are everywhere advertising the new for 2025 AlpenFury! I think this poster was in the hallway to the Washrooms in Wonder Mountain.

After riding Vortex and Behemoth, we took a ride on Mighty Canadian Minebuster. It rode quite well during this visit.

We then took a ride on Flight Deck, which also wasn't too bad this time around.

Then to make ourselves really good, we then rode Time Warp! lol

Since we were feeling quite warm and humid, we took an evening ride on White Water Canyon.

After our ride on White Water Canyon, we had another meal, this time at Roadside Chicken. To my surprise, they improved the chicken at this location! It was really good! Pictured are honey garlic house wings with fries. They were accompanied by a slice of bread and deep fried pickle slices!

As darkness began to fall on the park, I captured some nighttime photos of Yukon Striker. Here is one of the photos of Yukon Striker's cutback element.

Here is Tundra Twister at night! I had a thrilling ride on it earlier in the day before I met up with Amadeo, Daniel, and Arianna.

We finished our day at Canada's Wonderland with the final ride of the night on Yukon Striker!

Here is the AlpenFury display at night! The detail put into the display is amazing! I hope they incorporate such detail into the roller coaster's sing next year!

Here's a night time view of the Royal Fountain on International Street after the park had closed for the night.

Here's Arianna, Amadeo, myself and Daniel posing for a group photo before heading out for the night! 

It was an awesome day at Canada's Wonderland hanging out with some great people on the day of the announcement of AlpenFury! I can't wait to ride AlpenFury next year! Thanks for checking out the photos of a great day at Canada's Wonderland! 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment