Wednesday 28 August 2024

Canada's Wonderland - August 27th, 2024

On August 27th, I made my seventh visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland!

My brother Scott and our mom joined me as we made a visit to the park during the last remaining days of daily operation for the 2024 season. I was able to ride 14 different rides during our visit, including the big three roller coasters (Behemoth, Yukon Striker, and Leviathan)! The park didn't feel quite as busy as I was anticipating due to a slight chance of thunderstorms throughout the day.

Overall a great visit! I look forward to making a couple of visits to Canada's Wonderland this Fall to cap off the 2024 season. Stay tuned! 🙂

You know it's late-August at Canada's Wonderland when the Halloween Haunt display appears on International Street!

Construction for AlpenFury was continuing during today's visit as the track for the new for 2025 roller coaster arrived on site just the other day!

Scott and I started our day off in Action Zone with rides on Behemoth and Sledge Hammer.

After getting on quite a few rides in Action Zone and Frontier Canada, I went and got lunch at Lazy Bear Lodge. On my way over, I captured this photo of Wonder Mountain.

My first meal of the day was smoked hickory chicken and smashed potatoes with a potato bun roll.

While eating lunch at Lazy Bear Lodge, I sat and watched Yukon Striker's trains zip through the Immelmann inversion.

After lunch, we headed over to Timberwolf Falls and White Water Canyon to cool down as it became quite humid. The park was quite busy, but not quite as busy as I had anticipated.

With how rainy it has been this summer, the leaves on some trees have begun to change colour!

Here I am after splashing down on TimberWolf Falls! Afterwards, Scott and I rode White Water Canyon.

I took a spin on Lumberjack as I hadn't been on it this year. It is still quite fun with some decent hangtime!

While waiting in line for Shockwave, I captured this photo of Leviathan. Later in the afternoon, Scott and I would catch a front row seat on Leviathan, something we hadn't done in a couple of years!

Shockwave was running quite well today. Although, the one red gondola was still closed off, reducing the capacity to 25 passengers.

The Calla Lilies in front of Shockwave have greatly flourished this year!

Around 1:30pm, Scott and I were in line for Spinovator in Medieval Faire. While in line, the new Castaways show in Arthur's Baye was happening. It is a more traditional acrobatics and dive show, something I really enjoyed!

The new dive structure looks great!

The performers did a great job!

Overall, it was a great show!

There was tons of diving from the performers during the 15-20 minute run!

Here is one of the performers of Castaways diving into Arthur's Baye!

In the late afternoon, I had my second meal of the day at Lazy Bear Lodge. Pictured is pulled pork, a spring salad, and a potato bun roll. While this is good, I was looking to eat at Grande World Eatery again, but unfortunately it opened later in the day, only realizing this as we were leaving the park.

Another ride I haven't been on in a while is Swing of the Century. It was nice to ride some of the classics again!

Here's my mom and I on Antique Carousel.

My last ride of the day was a second ride on Tundra Twister! In the morning I had a ride that provided a panoramic view, while my afternoon ride was more intense!

Here's myself, our mom, and Scott posing in front of the globe in Grande World Exposition of 1890. Next year AlpenFury will be soaring over head! Thanks for checking out my seventh visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland! 🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment