Friday 23 August 2024

Canadian National Exhibition - August 21st, 2024

 Today (August 21st) my Mom and I went down to Toronto to take in the sights and sounds of this year's CNE. Thankfully the weather was cooler, which made our visit very enjoyable! It is fun to make the annual trip down, but do the Exhibitions grounds ever get so busy in the late-afternoon!

Overall it was a great day at the CNE! Enjoy the photos of our day! 🙂


Before the rides opened, we checked out the midway. This year, North American Midway Entertainment rethemed the Rock & Roll Video Fun House to the Rock & Roll Space Station. It looks very nice! Too bad the walk-through wheel doesn't work.

Here is the X-Drive, that was new last year. I would ride it twice throughout the day. It is still provides an insane ride!

The Mega Drop had also received a fresh coat of paint this year, saying goodbye to the purple and yellow colour scheme. I love it when midway companies such as NAME refresh their rides!

Here's a look at the Crazy Mouse before the rides opened for the day. All nine cars were in use all day!

The first ride I took for the day was on the Sky Ride.

You can get a great view of the midway from the Sky Ride.

It was quite breezy throughout the day. Luckily the winds weren't strong enough to close down the taller rides.

Here I am on the Sky Ride.

The Sky Ride opened about 20 minutes before the rest of the midway, so that is why it looks quiet in the next few photos.

The classic Polar Express was forming quite a line before opening for the day.

It sure was a sunny morning!

Once the rest of the rides opened, I rode X-Drive, Niagara Falls log flume, followed by the Crazy Mouse. My car spun a lot!

Up next was a fast ride on the Polar Express!

After taking in more rides on the midway, including the Swing Tower and Mega Drop, it was time for some lunch. I had a very tasty burrito from Burrito Co. in the Food Building.

In the early afternoon, we checked out the CNE Art Collection in the Withrow Common building. It was rather nice checking out various paintings from the CNE collection.

After viewing some paintings, I took another ride on the Sky Ride.

Here's a look at the Wave Swinger from the Sky Ride.

The Niagara Falls log flume was attracting quite the crowd.

X-Drive is a ride I can't get tired of watching or riding!

The midway was starting to get busier come early afternoon!

Here's my mom waiting for me at the end of the Sky Ride.

Views of the midway such as this are very iconic with the CNE!

I love the Swing Tower. I always make sure to ride it each year!

After getting on more rides, my mom and I checked out the "Carnival: An Exhibition" exhibit in the Enercare Centre. Artifacts were provided from the Conklin family.

It was really neat seeing these artifacts on display!

Here's a look at some antique carousel horses.

Here are some more carousel horses and kiddie ride pieces that were on display.

Here is an original Tilt-A-Whirl sign. Very cool!

Here is a restored car for the Flyer wooden roller coaster that opened in 1953 and operated for nearly 40 years.

The flipping and twisting on X-Drive is just insanely fun!

Later in the afternoon I took a ride on the Observation Wheel. This 150 foot tall giant was new at the CNE in 2023.

Here I am on the Observation Wheel.

From the Observation Wheel, you can see the reconstruction of Ontario Place taking place.

Here's a look down on the midway from the Observation Wheel.

After a ride on the Observation Wheel and the Ring of Fire, I took another ride on the Sky Ride.

From the Sky Ride I captured the Swing Tower in action.

Here's a car on the Crazy Mouse zipping down one of the many drops!

Star Dancer was swinging riders upside down throughout the day! Hard to believe this ride is five years old!

The midway became quite busy between 4 and 5pm!

Before we left the CNE for the day, I had a classic Hot Ice Cream Waffle.

It was very good and something to enjoy every year!

After a great day of rides (over 15 total) and checking out exhibits, we headed out just before 6pm. Thanks for checking out the photos of our annual visit to the CNE! 🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment