Sunday 15 September 2024

Canada's Wonderland - September 14th, 2024

On Saturday, September 14th I made my eighth visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland! My brother Scott and our mom joined me on this visit on this summer-like Saturday in mid-September!

We started our day with a ride on Leviathan just before the park opened for the day! Throughout the day, I managed to get on 13 different rides including classics like The Bat, Vortex, and Dragon Fyre, and other thrills like Drop Tower, Shockwave, Behemoth, and Tundra Twister, and Sledge Hammer just to name a few! Despite it being quite busy, we managed to have a great day!

Be sure to check out photos of my day at Canada's Wonderland! 🙂

We arrived at the park around 9:15am. To my surprise, we were able to walk on in and head over to Leviathan for our first ride of the day!

Here's a very empty International Street as the park doesn't officially open until 10am.


In less than two weeks, Halloween Haunt will be over taking the park for another year of scares! Many skeletons and other decorations have been set up throughout the park in preparation of the Halloween Haunt season.

This weekend was one of three weekends for the Oktoberfest event at Canada's Wonderland. The courtyard in Medieval Faire had quite the German vibe!

This is the first time in a very long time that I can recall Spinovator having an unobstructed view! For years there was a snack/refreshment trailer parked in front of the ride. Part way through the season, a more sturdy structure replaced the trailer.

For the upcoming Halloween Haunt season, the new Thirsty Dragon building was moved from in front of Spinovator to in front of Riptide, which is now closed for the season.

A skeleton has even overtaken Leviathan!

Leviathan started taking passengers approximately 15 minutes before the park opened for the day. Scott and I were on the second train of the day!

After Leviathan, we then rode Drop Tower, followed by The Bat once the park opened for the day.

To our surprise, The Bat was surprisingly smooth during this visit!

After The Bat, I took a spin on Shockwave! Over the last two weeks, the trees around Shockwave have been removed. Sadly you'll never have the chance to kick the trees ever again, but it was fun while it lasted! 🤣 Scott and I then rode Vortex!

Over in Frontier Canada, the park was preparing for Trick of Treat Street scare zone.

While in Frontier Canada, I took a ride on Tundra Twister. Ever since it opened last year, I just love how every ride on it is different!

Scott and I then rode Behemoth and then eventually rode Sledge Hammer.

The jack o' lanterns where strung above the entrance of Grande World Exposition of 1890 again like that have been for several years. This view will look different as AlpenFury will be going over the globe!

For my first meal of the day, I had the hickory smoked chicken with a side of Spring mix salad from Lazy Bar Lodge. It was very good as usual. I then had a cone of blue ice cream from dessert from the Cookie Cafe.

The pirate skeletons have found a treasure chest hopefully filled with gold at the base of Wonder Mountain!

These skeletons are just hanging around over Tim Hortons on International Street!

In the afternoon, park guests were enjoying the Oktoberfest event taking place in the medieval Faire Courtyard!

Later in the day, we all took a spin on the Antique Carousel.

For some reason I decided to take a ride on Flight Deck. It wasn't too bad during this visit as I was able to 'staple' my restraint so I didn't get jostled throughout the ride as I sat in the last row of the train.

For my final meal of the day, I had the new Nacho Bowl at Grande World Eatery. It was okay, but I think next time I'll order it without the nacho cheese as it made the chips very soggy.

Our final ride of the day was a second spin of the day on Sledge Hammer. Unfortunately Sledge Hammer is operating at a reduced capacity of 32 passengers as two gondolas are currently closed. Despite the longer wait, it still provides a fun ride!

That concludes my eighth visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland! I plan to return once again during the Thanksgiving long weekend in mid-October! 🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment