It was a great weekend to be at the Acton Fall Fair! 🎡
I enjoyed my two days at the 113th Acton Fall Fair on Saturday, September 19th and Sunday, September 20th! The weather was rain-free, with it being on the slightly cooler side, ultimately bringing out quite a crowd. It was nice taking in the sights and sounds of the fair once again and running into people I know!
Be sure to enjoy the photos from my weekend at the Acton Fall Fair! 🙂
Saturday, September 19th, 2026:
 |
| Saturday at the Acton Fall Fair started off a bit cool and cloudy. |
 |
| I ventured down to the Agricultural Tent to see some of the livestock they had on display. |
 |
| Here are some piglets on display in a pen on a platform. |
 |
| Outside the Agricultural tent was a row of antique tractors. |
 |
| At the end of the line was our family 1948 Ford tractor. Scott drove it in Friday morning just before Education Day took place for the school aged children. |
 |
| The 4H kids were showing off their show cattle at the end ring at the far end of Prospect Park on the fairgrounds. |
 |
| There was also a Plein Air painting competition Saturday Morning from 9am to 12pm, with judging at 12:30pm in the Dufferin Centre. Here is one of the paintings being painted out on the midway. |
 |
| People started to check out the fair as it got closer to noon. |
 |
| Afterwards, I joined my Mom to checkout the entries on display in the Dufferin Centre. Some of my photo and sunflower entries had placed! |
 |
| After checking out the entries and winnings, I got myself a burger from the Acton Firefighters Association booth. All proceeds go towards the Canada Fireworks and the Santa Claus Parade. |
 |
| I then sat and watched the blacksmith make a metal tool. It's nice that he was back for a second year. |
 |
| The log cutting/saw mill guy was also back this year, too. |
 |
| The midway wasn't too busy in the mid-afternoon, but that would change in a few hours! |
 |
| Up next we checked out the poultry barn, which had many varieties of birds on display for judging. |
 |
| My mom and I then went back to the Dufferin Centre for some free bingo. I was so close to winning on full card! |
 |
| Later on, I got myself a beavertail treat from the booth that was on the midway. I got the Avalanche Beavertail with cheesecake, Skor bits, and caramel sauce. |
 |
| In the late-afternoon and early evening, the sun came out, warming up the air a bit. |
 |
| The sunnier weather and cooler temperatures brought out quite a crowd! |
 |
| Delayed by an hour, the lawn tractor pulls began at 7pm. Unfortunately it was a short competition due to the weighted sled breaking down, causing the competition to be cancelled! |
 |
| There's something about seeing families playing the carnival games at the Acton Fall Fair. It is quite a tradition. |
 |
| As the night got darker, the lights on the midway rides provided by Albion Amusements began to shine! |
 |
| While it is the 113th Acton Fall Fair, this is the fourth edition of the Acton Fall Fair to feature the light up sign on the entrance to the midway. |
 |
| Later in the evening, Scott and I bought some ride tickets, because there's nothing like taking in a few rides at the fair! |
 |
| The Mulligan Wheel continues to be quite a draw on the midway. |
 |
| Here's a view of the kiddie midway from the Mulligan Wheel. |
 |
| Here's a look down towards some of the larger rides at the Acton Fall Fair. |
 |
| After a relaxing ride on the Mulligan Wheel, Scott and I did our dizzying annual ride on the Berry Go Round! We sure got our berry spinning fast! 🍓😵💫😂 |
 |
| After a little bit of a break from our ride on the Berry Go Round, we took a spin on the Sizzler. |
 |
| Here's Scott and I before our ride! After our ride on the Sizzler, it was time to call it a night! |
Sunday, September 20th, 2026:
 |
| Sunday started out much warmer and sunnier than Saturday! |
 |
| Our cousin Brook brought her daughter Sydney up to the fair on Sunday, so we hung out with them for most of the day! |
 |
| Here's Scott and Sydney taking a ride on the Himalaya! |
 |
| Sydney then coached Scott and I onto the Zero Gravity. |
 |
| We then took a lunch break while watching the antique tractor pull. |
 |
| There were quite a few entrants of various ages! |
 |
| Scott and I shared a bucket of fries. |
 |
| After watching the antique tractor pull, we checked out the Agricultural Tent. There were some more cows in there than there was on Saturday. |
 |
| The midway was bustling with crowds on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. |
 |
| Scott, Sydney, and I then took a relaxing ride on the Mulligan Wheel. |
 |
| As you can see, quite a few people were enjoying the fair! |
 |
| Here's a look over the midway from the Mulligan Wheel. |
 |
| Sydney and I then went on the Starship 3000. I used to ride this a lot as a kid, but as a 30 year old adult, it does things to your back! 😂 She ended up loving it! |
 |
| You can feel the warmth of the sun through this photo! |
 |
| Scott and I then took Sydney on the Berry Go Round for a wild ride! Let's just say we all felt dizzy after that! 😂 |
 |
| Scott and I took one final ride on the Mulligan Wheel before the Acton Fall Fair came to a close for another year! |
 |
| Overall, it was another great Acton Fall Fair with tons to see and do! Until next year! 👋 🙂 |
No comments:
Post a Comment