Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Canada's Wonderland - September 27th, 2026

 On September 27th, Scott and I went to Canada's Wonderland for some Halloween Haunt fun! It was a great day to be at the park as the weather was beautiful for a Sunday in late-September! We managed to get on many rides during our visit, despite the park being quite busy during the daytime.

In the early afternoon, we ran into Amadeo and his friend Shayne, so we rode some rides together throughout the day! Once 6pm rolled around, an evening of Halloween Haunt began. With our Haunted Attraction Passes, Scott and I were able to enjoy all of the haunted mazes twice during our visit as Sunday evenings this early in the Halloween Haunt season aren't very busy!

Scott and I then met up with Amadeo and Shayne again to get in some final rides of the night, including a backrow night ride on AlpenFury! Be sure to check out many photos from our 12 hour day at Canada's Wonderland! 🎃🎢


With the park now opening at 11am on the weekends in the Fall, the entrance area was quite packed on this beautiful Sunday morning!

Once inside the park, you are greeted with a 20th anniversary Halloween Haunt display on International Street.

There is a graveyard within the display that recognizes all the former mazes and scare zones over the past 20 years!

There are also many pumpkins and a huge spider amongst the display!

At the entrance to Grande World Expo, the jack o' lanterns are hung along with some banners of past and present scare zones.

Once the rides opened at 11am, our first ride of the day was on Behemoth!

We then took a ride on the one and only Sledge Hammer!

Here is Scott and I wearing our custom Halloween inspired t-shirts as we venture through the park!

We then took a ride on The DareDeviler.

We then circled back around to Mighty Canadian Minebuster which was really flying during this visit!

Scott and I then queued for Yukon Striker which only had a 20 minute wait by this time.

On our way through Frontier Canada, we stopped for a rest at the Halloween Haunt coffins! Here's Scott taking a quick rest! 😂

I then took a quick rest before moving on! 🤣

We then rode neighbouring Tundra Twister which provided a few slow rolls!

Here's a daytime look at Trick or Treat Street.

The skeletons that were once on International Street have found a new home in Frontier Canada near Timberwolf Falls!

Just before lunch, I received a phone call from Amadeo informing me he was in the park! Before meeting up with hm and his friend Shane, Scott and I had nacho bowls from Grande World Eatery for lunch. They were quite flavourful, especially with the cilantro-lime beef and pineapple salsa.

Once we met up with Amadeo and Shayne, we took a ride on Mighty Canadian Minebuster near the back!

We then took a ride together on Sledge Hammer.

As it was getting somewhat warm, we went to the Cookie Cafe for some ice cream. Here's the Vampire Dessert Ice Cream being served during the Halloween Haunt season. I think it had a strawberry flavour, which was really good! I redeemed some of my reward dollars within the Six Flags app, so I didn't have to pay for it! 😄

After our ice cream break, we then took a ride on Leviathan!

Scott and I then went over to the redemption centre near the front gate to pick up our Haunted Attraction Pass for the mazes. We also noticed they are handing out paper maps again, something we haven't seen since 2019!

Here's a look at the wristband. We opted for the all-season Haunted Attraction Pass this year instead of buying the Express Haunted Attraction Pass like we had last year as it was double the price! I don't mind waiting in line, especially on quieter days!

With less than an hour until Halloween Haunt began, we rejoined Amadeo and Shayne for a thrilling ride on Drop Tower!

After Drop Tower, Amadeo and I had an insane ride on Shockwave with lots of twisting and flipping!

Once 6pm rolled around, Scott and I headed over to our first maze of the night, The Crypt located near the arcade in Medieval Faire. As we were the first ones in for the night, we had the scare actors jumping out at us around every turn!

We then walked back up to the front of the park to see the scare actors of the scare zones being unleashed for the night!

The park does an amazing job with makeup and costumes!

It is funny watching some people freak out as the scare actors get close to them!

The fog really began to roll across International Street, setting the mood for the night!

Up next, Scott and I did the Dark Ride maze. It is always a silly time! I kind of wish they did this one a bit differently by making it like an old-time dark ride rather than a flashy modern carnival.

We then walked through The Ruins. I always enjoy this one as the theming is quite immersive!

The fog machines were really pumping out the fog, which was great to see!

The fog was very thick in Wicked Hollow, near Vortex!

Scott and I then did Spirit Manor and Demons of the Deep.

We then walked through Trick or Treat Street.

The scare actors are very eager to meet you!

They just love interacting with guests!

We then did an early evening walk through of CornStalkers. While it was fun, it is always much better at night as the lighting and shadows make it more difficult to see the scare actors that are nestled within the cornstalks! Scott and I would later return once it was dark outside!

Here we are posing with a scare actor in Wicked Hollow!

We then headed over to CarnEvil.

There, the scare actors love to get nice and close, wondering what you're doing and what a camera is! 😂

I have always loved these jack o'lantern lamp post toppers used around the park.

We then walked through Necropolis!

The scare actors in Necropolis kept guests moving along! 😂

They'll stare at you and then yell at you! 😂

Down by Behemoth is Streets of the Undead.

The scare actors there were looking a bit, um dead!

For dinner Scott and I went to Lazy Bear Lodge. I had the beef donair skewer with a side of dirty rice. Both were quite tasty. Scott had the tandoori chicken with dirty rice.

I really enjoy walking through the park as the fog rolls through!

After our meal, we took a night ride on Vortex!

Here's another look at the rolling fog!

Necropolis looks really spooky at night!

At 8:45pm, we caught the headbangers show. It was good, but not nearly as high energy as I expecting!

Although the water drumming was really neat! The green lights made it look radioactive!

The fog near CornStalkers was really cool!

Scott, Amadeo, and I took a night ride on Tundra Twister. As there were not many riding it, we had an insane ride of being hung upside down 150 feet feet above the ground, combined with some slow rolls! It was absolutely wild!

Nighttime views of Trick or Treat Street are quite awesome!

The scare actors love popping out of nowhere!

Here's another view of the fog in Wicked Hollow!

At 10:15pm, we caught the final showing for the night of Inferno!

There was lots of fire on the set in Arthur's Baye!

The performers were even dueling with fire! 🔥

The performers also did some acrobatics with fire!

The twirling of the fire cubes were really neat!

The show ended with a fiery dive into Arthur's Baye!

After watching Inferno, Scott, Amadeo, and I took a night ride on The Bat! It is always a fun time!

With less than 20 minutes until closing at 11pm, we all took a ride on Vortex!

Followed by a night ride on The Fly!

With just a minute to spare, we got in line for our last ride of the night on AlpenFury! Amadeo and I sat in the back row! It was a great way to end the night!

Here's Shayne, myself, Amadeo, and Scott posing in front of the Halloween Haunt display before heading our for the night!

Here's one last look at the display before heading out! Until next time! 🎃


No comments:

Post a Comment