Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Canada's Wonderland - August 31st, 2026

 What a great way to end the month of August! 🎢

Today I made my eighth visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland with my mom! With it being rainy most of the day, I managed to get on a total of 26 different rides in 8 hours, with a re-ride on White Water Canyon and Vortex and two additional rides on AlpenFury! I took up on a free single play of the basketball game through my pass perk. While I didn't win, it was worth a shot.

Also during my visit, I checked out the wooden markings that recently appeared on the former land of Time Warp. The markings are looking to be for a roller coaster or other tracked attraction, but only time will tell! 👀

Overall it was a great day, as my last weekday visit of the season! I'm greatly looking forward to weekend visits at the park this Fall! Enjoy the photos of my visit, below! 🙂


It sure was raining quite hard when we pulled into the parking lot on the last day of August!

With a water resistant jacket on, I was prepared to ride!

I was going to make AlpenFury my first ride of the day, but it was having technical difficulties. So, there was no early ride time to be had on AlpenFury during this visit! 🙁

Instead, I made my first ride of the day on Thunder Run!

I then took a ride on Vortex, which felt insanely fast in the rain!

My mom and I then ventured down to Action Zone where I took a ride on Behemoth. All the rides, including the larger coasters were practically walk-ons all day!

With line lines being non-existent in the morning, I then hopped onto Backlot Stunt Coaster. It looks like the sign shop finally made an arrow at the entrance of Backlot Stunt Coaster to prevent people from going down the exit path by mistake!

My next ride was on Mighty Canadian Minebuster. It was absolutely flying with the rain on the tracks!

I then dived 230 feet on Yukon Striker! Luckily the rain had let up a bit by the time I got on it!

I then had a solo ride on Tundra Twister, which gave some good stalls and a head dive towards the ground!

As it was 11am, I ventured to White Water Canyon where I got two laps on it as the line was non-existent! It's hard to believe Labour Day is just around the corner!

After having two rides on White Water Canyon, I got lunch at Lazy Bear Lodge. I ordered the chicken drumsticks with a side of smashed potato wedges. The chicken drumstick meal is now served with three drumsticks.

After lunch, I took my first ride of the day on AlpenFury! Front row rides are still very insane!

Speaking of insane, Shockwave was giving insane rides with many flips during this visit!

I then took a ride on The Bat as it had a less than 5 minute wait!

After The Bat, a solo ride on Drop Tower was next! There's something about being the only one on a ride high above the ground! 😅

Once back on the ground, I rode Leviathan! I hadn't been in the second row in a while, so that was a nice change!

Medieval Faire was quite foggy throughout the day!

Up next was a spin-dry cycle ride on Spinovator.

I then took a spin on the classic Dragon Fyre.

To my surprise, a modified version of Watchtower dive show on Arthur's Baye in Medieval Faire went on at 1:30pm.

Regardless of the rain, the performers did some high diving stunts!

The flowers around the park did very well this summer with all the rain they received!

After I rode many rides in Medieval Faire, we headed over to the Grande World Expo.

The DareDeviler stands out on rainy days with its new paint scheme.

Sadly the Grande World Eatery is closed once again. Hopefully it reopens this Fall!

Since my last visit to Canada's Wonderland on August 14th, a new wooden fence and markings have appeared on the land of the former Time Warp.

The markings even went along the queue of The DareDeviler, near Kingswood.

Today I got a front row ride on The DareDeviler! It is just so much fun with the new trains!

Here's a closer look at the new fence put up around the former land of Time Warp.

One would think that many markings must indicate something big is coming to the park.

Here's a close-up on one of the markings by the former station of Time Warp.

Here's another one near the former entrance of Time Warp.

The temporary fencing has been removed, reveling the old entrance of the former Time Warp roller coaster. I am guessing the theming will be reused for whatever is coming next!

There are more markings heading up towards the Kingswood Event building.

The window on the former box office to Kingswood Music Theatre was boarded up after being open for the past few years.

My Mom and I took a spin on the Antique Carousel.

Here's my mom and I on the Antique Carousel.

Sadly the floor of the Antique Carousel is quite dirty.

After a relaxing ride on Antique Carousel, I took a thrilling ride on Sledge Hammer!

I then took a ride on Psyclone, facing the sky on today's ride!

Afterwards, I took a spin on Swing of the Century. The double seats are even popular on rainy days!

During this visit I had possibly my worst ride on Krachenwagen. The floor was wet from the rain, causing the cars not to move very well, causing pile ups on the floor!

Klockwerks was providing a swinging time in the rain!

I then took another ride on Vortex, this time in the middle of the train.

The line was really short for AlpenFury, so I took another ride on it!

I then had my second meal of the day from Apres Poutinerie in AlpenFest. The cheese actually melted a bit, which was good!

I then walked over to Planet Snoopy for a ride on Ghoster Coaster...

Followed by a ride on Snoopy's Racing Railway!

As it was a very quiet, rainy day at the park, I even took Taxi Jam for a spin in Kidzville. 😂

On my way out of Kidzville, I took a ride on the fun Flying Eagles!

One of the pass perks this month was a free single play at the basketball game. Due to the rain, the game by Wonder Mountain was closed for most of the day. Luckily it opened in the late-afternoon. I gave it a shot, but didn't get the ball in the net! I was very close!

Before heading out, I took a third ride on AlpenFury! Three rides on AlpenFury in one day is really good in my books!

Here's my mom and I before heading home! 🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment